Turn a Web Article into a Mini Ebook



Finding the perfect online content can be a chore, but the process of sharing that content in a meaningful way is also a pain.  When I found some wonderful (but wordy) web articles that I just didn't feel like reading off of my monitor (or printing a million pages), I devised a way to reformat the pages I wanted to read into a small, easy-to-read ebook.  Enjoying the article on my Kindle made me realize that this could be a valuable tool for teachers.

Many times, I find juicy educational information online, and it's not in a kid-friendly place.  There may be related articles and videos with more adult tones, weird advertisements, or profane comments left below the article.  By using a free tool, Print What You Like, you can easily remove the inappropriate extras, enlarge or reduce text size, save the article as a PDF, and more.  You can then easily convert the PDF to other file types for use on Kindle, iPad, Nook, or other e-readers.  Great for 1:1 schools.

Possible applications:

  • Make informational or procedural articles easier to read and use in Language Arts
  • Load current events articles without iffy comments and related stories onto iPads or ereaders for a reading center
  • Create materials with larger text and less distracting elements for special needs students
  • Make PDF or e-reader articles available for students without internet access to download and read at home

This free tutorial shows you how to save and reformat a web page for reading on a tablet, e-reader, Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.


Comments