Tame the TEKS with Digital Tools!


Photo from Unsplash
Reading through the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) can be yawn-inducing and frustrating.  I have a favorite app and a new-to-me Chrome extension that help me find what I'm looking for when I use the TEKS for planning.

Image result for TEKS appFirst up, the TEKS app from Mastery Connect is a great way to access standards on your iOS or Android device.  You can easily tap through to view standards by subject, then grade, then strand, etc. The search bar that helps locate specific TEKS without skimming or using the "find" function.

Yesterday, I was looking through the TEKS on my Chromebook.  On a whim, I searched "TEKS" in the Chrome web store, and TEKS Accordion popped up.  To use it, you install the extension, and then navigate to the TEKS webpage that you need.  Once you're there, TEKS Accordion will automatically collapse all of the standards underneath each strand.  Then, you can just click to expand what you want to look at.

For fun, check out the Middle School math TEKS before and after you install the extension.







Comments